Friday, December 19, 2014

Small Seed for 12-19-14

Christ Can Help You Reconcile.

"All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation." 2 Corinthians 5:18

I've been talking all week about reconciliation because it weighs on my heart this Christmas (due to my family). In closing out Small Seeds for this week, I wanted to end with this Scripture...as hope.

Sometimes, we might not be able to forgive others. We might feel trapped by the sin of hate and anger. They gnaw at us like cancer. We can't or don't want to let it go. But, to hold on to that for long, it's bad for us. 

We can't do it ourselves, but there is one who can forgive, through us -- extending forgiveness to others (even when we can't) and His name is Jesus Christ. If He could reconcile us to our Father in heaven, making us right with Him, can't he also help us reconcile with people? Let Him help. Call on His name.

Do it right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.