Tuesday, September 20, 2011

See * Photo * Write


Check out See Photo Write photo prompt on 1st Writes. 
 
My response is below. 





Saying Goodbye
by Dawn M. Hamsher

"Martha, I stopped by the fields today. I'm sorry to say that all the passion's just gone right out of me. Today it just looked like dirt. All those years of struggling on the farm. All that time, you stood beside me even when we didn't have two cents.  Remember when I'd come home covered in dust or grease from fixing a tractor? You'd have dinner all ready, but you'd have to clean up my messes first.

Oh, Martha. It's not the same without you. 

Honey, I made a decision. I'm going to go live with John and Ella. I think that would make you happy. I won't be alone and I'll have the grandkids to spoil. You always hated being so far away from them. 

I'll be moving in a couple of days. I just wanted to say goodbye to ya. I'll still be talking to you, but not here at the grave site. Hope that's ok. 

I miss you, Martha. You always were my best friend."