Monday, August 12, 2013

Book Review: Rapture of the Deep

Click to see at Amazon
I read another book from L.A. Meyer's Bloody Jack series called Rapture of the Deep. This one sees the infamous pirate-girl Jacky Faber searching for sunken treasure. What will happen to her in her latest adventure? Read it and find out!

Dawn's Recommendation: 4 of 5 Stars

Still love the Bloody Jack books! Jacky is as spunky and carefree as ever.

This one bogged down a bit here and there trying to remind the reader of everything that happened in the past -- Jacky has had a lot of adventures, but all-in-all, it was another fun read as Jacky searched for sunken treasure. I enjoyed the new characters Jemimah and Joanie. I look forward to reading more about them in future books. I liked the Briar Rabbit stories told by Jemimah. It was like getting a story in a story.

Note: Cockfighting is a part of the story, so some might not enjoy reading about that.

I am constantly amazed at how Mr. Meyer can keep Jacky's adventures straight. I look forward to reading the next one (which I have waiting on my bookshelf)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.