Thursday, November 22, 2012

Offering up Thanksgiving




Today, for Thanksgiving, I am focusing on Hebrews 12:28-29
 (two different translations).

 

" Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken,  
let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,  
for our “God is a consuming fire.”
Hebrews 12:28-29 (NIV)

I like to take walks on my lunch breaks at work. I often walk alone, which gives me time to pray and praise God. I sing (in my head) praise songs and I talk to God about what's on my heart. I am so thankful to have found Jesus. He helps me get through everything, from little things to big, and I know that I will have an eternity in heaven with him someday.
 

"Do you see what we’ve got? An unshakable kingdom! And do you see how thankful we must be? Not only thankful, but brimming with worship, deeply reverent before God. For God is not an indifferent bystander. 
He’s actively cleaning house, torching all that needs to burn, 
and he won’t quit until it’s all cleansed. God himself is Fire!"
Hebrews 12:28-29 (The Message) 

I thank God for his active role in my life. He is constantly working on me to become more like Christ. I am constantly amazed and relieved when God gives me guidance through prayer and scripture for what I am to do in my life. I thank him for refining me, even when it is painful.


Is there a scripture of Thanksgiving that is speaking to you today? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.