- Living one day at a time,
- Enjoying one moment at a time,
- Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
- Taking, as Jesus did,
- This sinful world as it is,
- Not as I would have it,
- Trusting that You will make all things right,
- If I surrender to Your will,
- So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
- And supremely happy with You forever in the next.
What a blessing the WHOLE prayer is.How much more POWERFUL the prayer is in its entirety.I hope it blesses your day as much as it did mine!
(I found the entire prayer in the book "The Purpose of Christmas" by Rick Warren. The Serenity Prayer was written by Reinhold Niebuhr.)