Thursday, February 27, 2014

Book Review: When We Don't See God's Plan

I borrowed this book from a friend and was pleasantly surprised.

Overview: How can you trust God when your world has been suddenly turned upside down? When You Don’t See His Plan by Nadine Hennesey with Rebecca Baker tells the remarkable story of Nadine’s struggle to overcome fear, renew her trust in God, and move forward in life after the unexpected death of her husband. Discover how you can move beyond devastating circumstances in your own life and follow God, even when you don’t see His plan. (Amazon)

Dawn's Recommendation: 4 of 5 Stars


What I liked: Her story. Even though tragedy struck and Ms. Hennessey was widowed early in her marriage, she asked God to use her anyway and He has and He is. I enjoyed reading about her missionary experiences in the orphanage and school -- It encourages me to step out to do God's will for me.

What I didn't like: How the book skipped around. It would tell a little blurb from her past and then go right into the present. Not always good flow or transition from one thought to another.

Overall, I enjoyed Nadine Hennessy's story, but the book could use a little polish with transitioning. 

Would I recommend? Yes.  Short read. Enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.