Friday, May 9, 2014

Book Review: War in Heaven



War in Heaven (Book 2 in the Tears of Heaven Series) By Kenneth Zeigler

Overview: Satan and his minions have declared war on the most beautiful planet in the universe his purpose is to depose Michael the archangel and become second only to God in command of all creation. Standing in Satan's way are a scattered and disorganized host of angels, a group of inexperienced saints, a small band of humans, and some angelic rebels in Hell. Armed with faith full power, Abaddon the Destroyer creates a formidable army to challenge the evil targeting Earth. Author of best selling Heaven and Hell, Kenneth Zeigler again draws from his research to create a realistic tale where science, the supernatural, and life and death teeter on the edge of eternal joy or damnation.

Dawn's Recommendation: 5 of 5 Stars!
 
What I liked: I loved the 3rd and 1st books in this series (I know I’m out of order!), so I was so excited to continue the story. This story tells two stories: battles in Heaven and rebels in Hell. I enjoy the science aspect of how things work in Heaven (travel, making items, etc.). Great action, gadgets, and pacing. I enjoyed the fight of angels and humans with the demons. I love Abaddon’s Children (insect-like creatures) and the side story of Tim and Goliath. The main focus of this story is on David Bonner, one of the saints and his perseverance. 

The series has helped me understand certain aspects from the Bible better. For example, why does God condemn people to hell and eternal torment?  Well, God condemns non-believers to separation from him, not to eternal torment. Because Satan also lives in hell, separated from God, he rules Hell and torments the people, not God.  I may not agree with every way heaven and hell is presented by Mr. Zeigler, but it has made me contemplate it more and it take on a more “real” aspect for me.

What I didn’t like: Nothing!

1 comment:

  1. Reading books about this are hard for me. They disturb me as I read Psalms or Romans.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.