Thursday, October 6, 2011

Writing Fears - Part 2

Do you ever have writing fears and anxiety? I found this exercise in Page after Page by Heather Sellers and wanted to try it.

Writing Exercise Part 2: Yesterday you wrote down your writing fears. Today, you are going to fight them. In a court of law. Choose one of the fears and write your defense. My defense is below.

I've chosen this fear:
11. I'll give up on my book b/c revision is too hard.

My defense:

I will not give up on my book because revision is too hard. I spent 1.5 years of my life writing this book. It is my first book and therefore it is precious. It was blessed by God. He gave me the idea for it. He guided me through the entire book by leading me to scripture that inspired characters and plot. This book is bigger than me. It will happen. I will not stop it from being the best it can be. I will revise it. I just have to figure out how. And I will. 

My defense rests.


So, what about you? What's your defense?