Monday, December 26, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I don't usually do resolutions, but this year I have three (and I have a plan for keeping them)!


1. Create a budget and work on paying off debt.
My biggest focus will be on our food budget. Food budget will be $100 per week for our family of three (that includes going out to eat...my husband is in shock.).

2. Revise my novel.
I signed up for Holly Lisle's course How to Revise Your Novel. I was unable to revise my novel myself (it was overwhelming and I had no idea how to go about it), so with Holly's clear guidance and organizational system, I'm already on the way!

3. Exercise on a regular basis.
I have joined a gym and have been going to water aerobics. I already walk 3x a week, so the added class will really help me to stay fit. My goal is to go 2x a week.

Q: What are your resolutions? How will you ensure you do them?

11 comments:

  1. Those are some great resolutions! I haven't even thought about mine yet. Good luck with them! And I agree, editing can really be tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krista,
    Thanks for your comment! Yeah, editing is so overwhelming. I'm excited to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 Get through my rewrites and edits to Secondhand Shoes.

    2. Send to an editor.

    3. Create a book cover.

    4. Format it.

    5. Publish it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dawn,
    I'm humbled that my studio work was accepted and liked by your church! It so warms my heart and soul! Okay.... I don't do resolutions either, but there are necessary changes that I must make and have begun working toward:
    1. Move more-exercise. How-I have a tiny home-gym. Before I can work in my studio, I have to pass through my little gym. I must do at least 3 sets of 20 "something" before entering my studio. So far, so good.

    2. Get some sun. How-I must go outside each day, if it is not snowing heavily. It snows a lot in Denver, so I have to get out in light snow. Why sun? It boosts my outlook and attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly,
    Yes! You go girl! I love the title of your book. It makes me want to read it just based on the title. I wish you the best in accomplishing your goals.

    Cynthia,
    Your goals are good ones AND you have a plan...that is key. I really like the "sun" one. I tend to hunker down inside and forget to go out. Today I took the dogs for a walk and it was just what I needed (fresh air and God's nature). I will say a prayer for you to aid you in keeping your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go! I think that's a great plan. My goals are similar. I'm planning on doing quite a bit of revision. We'll do it together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin, OK, let's do it together! You can come to my house....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good ones! Hmmmm, i haven't decided on any yet. I still have a few days, right?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your goals. I'm still finalizing my checklist. Very similar to yours. My main goal is to complete my manuscript in the first half of the year and then I'll join in on the revising goals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mine are a lot like yours. :) Just add write a book, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alana, Sure, you have a few days ;0).

    Stacy, Good luck on completing your manuscript!!!

    Peggy, I'll be adding the "write a book" part too once I get the revision done. I've started Book 2 in the series, but its on hold now as I revise Book 1.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.