Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Book Review – Jesus Calling

Click to go to Amazon.com
Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence 
by Sarah Young


Dawn’s Recommendation: 5 out of 5 Stars



Overview (from back jacket): Jesus is Calling. Do you hear Him? Sarah Young began listening to what God was saying. With pen in hand, she wrote down the words and scriptures that Jesus laid on her heart. Words of reassurance, comfort, hope. Words that have made her increasingly aware of His Presence and allowed her to enjoy His Peace. Each day gives a devotion and scripture reading.



Why I like it: I really believe that Ms. Young has sought God’s words for us and through her, she has written down just what we need to hear each day. I’ve been reading this book daily for a month and every day, the words seep into my heart like a love song. Mother Teresa said, “I am a little pencil in the hands of a writing God, who is writing a love letter to the world.” Ms. Young is one of God’s little pencils. Thank goodness for her faithfulness to listen to God's messages and to write them down to share. 

Read this book. God wants you to know how much He loves you and how much He wants to surround you in His peace. Also, make sure you read the intro by Sarah Young – it is her story on how she came to Christ and how she came to write the book.

1 comment:

  1. A neighbour recommended this to me a little while ago, and I've also been reading it for about a month! I love the tone of it, how it sounds exactly the way I imagine Jesus would sound if He were in fact speaking these words aloud to me.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.