Monday, March 2, 2015

Small Seed for 3-2-15: Firework


God Doesn't Make Plastic Bags.



“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it." Psalm 139:13-14 (NLT)



The first time I heard the lyrics to Katy Perry's song “Firework”, I wondered if I heard it right. It starts with, "Do you ever feel like a plastic bag?"



Did she say plastic bag?



Maybe she has something though. The things of the world are disposable like plastic bags, but we are not. God loves us so much that He made us in His image. He loves us so much that He made a way for us to spend eternity with Him. He sent His son, Jesus to die for our sins, so that we could have abundant life.



The song lyrics later read, “You're original, cannot be replaced”. It’s true. You are a firework. God has put the spark in you.



What will you do with it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.