Friday, May 8, 2015

Book Review: Kaleidoscope

You will enjoy the collection of poems, "Kaleidoscope" by Carole Anne Carr!

Overview: In her first book of poems that have been broadcast on B.B.C. North West, Carole Anne Carr draws upon her experiences gathered during a lifetime spent in the British Isles and Africa. Poems about childhood and growing-up, with varied themes of apartheid, faith, love, loss and old age, are interwoven with a wry sense of humour.

Dawn's Recommendation: 4.5 of 5 Stars

What I Liked: I really enjoyed Carole Anne Carr's short book of poems! She has a wonderful way of taking you right there. You feel like you are beside her on adventures, from skipping past fish and chips papers on the street to shivering in a cold mansion for the sake of a writing retreat. One of my favorite poems from the collection is called "Charity". I love the line "I ache for her poverty, my mouth fills with tears". 

Ms. Carr has a beautiful way with words and her collection of poems takes you back to her vivid memories. I delighted in each and every poem!

What is your favorite poem or poet?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, that is so very kind of you, Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Carole Anne! I really enjoyed reading it!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.