Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Small Seed Devo: Prayer Steps

Photo courtesy of morgueFile.com
"A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps." Proverbs 14:15

I have been praying, but haven't been hearing from God very well. Now that the weather is warm, I want to get back to walking over my lunch break. In the past, I have heard from God mightily during some of those walks. Today, I did walk, and I heard from Him again and it was like sweet, refreshing water.

He reminded me that I still need to guard my heart with one friendship. He reminded me that He is listening and that He loves me so much. He confirmed that I am being the hands and feet of Jesus as I encourage friends.

There is something about the "act of doing" when you pray that opens up communication with God. I think God hears us when we sit and pray, but by moving and putting work into it, the volume is turned up. I can't wait for tomorrow's walk...and the next day's, and the next days....

Do you think communication with God is deeper by "doing"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.