Friday, May 22, 2015

My Summer Reading Goal

Since participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge in April, I need a break from blogging every day, so instead of blogging this summer with my Small Seed Devotions, I'll be reading and posting book reviews.  I have a 13 book goal for the summer, so that's almost 1 book a week! Whew! Not sure I can do it, but I'm going to try!  

Here's my list:
(Note: I also have the book covers shown on the right of my blog in the Library Thing Widget (if you want, go to LibraryThing to add books and create your own widget)


"Displaced Person", Memoir by Ella E. Schneider Hilton
"Flash" by Rachel Anne Ridge
"Kaffir Boy", autobiography by Mark Mathabake
"Same Kind of Different As Me" by Ron Hall and Denvver Moore
"Under God" by Toby Mac and Michael Tait
"Living Under God" by Toby Mac and Michael Tait
"The Invisible War" by Chip Ingram
"The Prayer That Changes Everything" by Stormie Omartian

"Why A Suffering World Makes Sense" by Chris Tiegreen
"King Peggy" by Peggielene Bartles and Eleanor Herman
"A Writer's Diary" by Virginia Woolf
"Founding Brothers" by Joseph J. Ellis
"The Grave Robber" by Mark Batterson

What are you reading this summer? Do you have a summer reading goal?

3 comments:

  1. Are "Under God" by Toby Mac and Michael Tait and"Living Under God" by Toby Mac and Michael Tait separate books or the same one?

    I read 'Same Kind of Different as Me' back in 2010. My review is here: http://reviewsfrominnisfree.blogspot.ca/2010/04/same-kind-of-different-as-me.html

    As for summer reading goals, I'm hoping to complete a good number for the Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge. And my summer blog posts will also be reviews of these books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, They are two different books. I'm going to read "Under God" first.

    Ohhh, what is the Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge?

    Thanks for the review...I'm going to go read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, Dawn. And thanks for clarifying my book confusion.

    The Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge info can be found here: http://www.escapewithdollycas.com/challenges-2/2015-alphabet-soup-reading-challenge/ There's also a Good Reads group for it.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.