Monday, January 7, 2013

Book Review: The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel

      I just finished reading Lee Strobel's "The Case for Christ". I know this is not a new book, but it is the first time I've read it. It was recommended by our youth pastor because my daughter has been asking tough faith questions like:
  
  •  How do you really know there is a God? 
  •  How do you know Christianity is the right faith? 
  •  Was Jesus a real person? 
  •  Is it documented anywhere besides the Bible that Jesus did miracles?

I really enjoyed the book! As a journalist that covered courtroom cases, Mr. Strobel opens every chapter with an intriguing court case that leads into the topic about Christ that he is investigating. He is careful to list all the credentials about the leading Biblical scholars that he interviews and is open about his initial skepticism.  It is interesting that as the interviews progress, Mr. Strobel becomes more and more interested in each scholar's own faith journey, as his own faith was growing.

I was able to answer my daughter's questions with help from "The Case for Christ". And though I did not personally need convincing that Christ is Savior and King, I can see that this book would help many with their disbelief. I highly recommend this book.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you reviewed this book! I haven't heard of it before, and look forward to checking it out. Thanks, Dawn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, Great! Hope you enjoy it! I had heard of it before, but since I was already a Christian, I didn't think I needed to read it. It is great for any person -- with answers to tough faith questions.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.