Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A to Z Devotion: Y is for Yahweh

Photo courtesy morgueFile.com
"God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'" Exodus 3:14


Yahweh - A name of the Hebrew God (Variants: Jehovah, Yahveh, Yehowah)


I love the many names of God, each telling us more about who He is. 
Here are a few:

Wonderful Counselor, Almighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, The Gate, The Light of the World, The Way, The Truth, The Life, The Resurrection, The Good Shepherd, El Elyon (the Most High God), Lord, Abba Father, Potter, Holy God, Immanuel, Savior, Living Water, Master, Teacher, Strong Tower, Holy Spirit, Cornerstone, King of Kings, Lion of the Tribe of Judah, The Lamb, Comforter, The Door, The Vine, Jesus, The Christ, Messiah...

Which is your favorite name for God? Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.