Sunday, May 1, 2011
A to Z Blogging Challenge -- Reflection Post
1. BLOGGING, A NEW WORLD -- This was like a door opening to a new world. I learned a lot about blogging itself (why people blog, what they blog about, etiquette, tips), which was one of my goals. I was very excited to find other writing blogs and writers that are kindred spirits!
Here is my favorite blogging tip (by Sue at Traverselife):
How to Make a Hyperlink Signature in Blogger
2. ON POSTING -- I was never stressed about posting because I did most of my posts in advance (in draft). I had a great time coming up with writing exercises, researching supporting information, and writing responses to the exercises.
3. ON VISITING -- I was stressed about visiting 1200+ blogs. I did visit them all, but did not explore each one in depth. I came back to ones that I found interesting.
Here are some of my favorites:
Lucy Adams Write With Pictures
Pocketful of Playdough Melissa T. Liban Illustrations
Encouragement for Christian Writers Style is Not Just a Black Suit
...then she writes Writercize
4. ON "FOLLOWING" -- Since I am a new to blogging, I wasn't sure about the whole "Following" thing.
I decided to follow blogs if:
a. I liked the content and wanted to be a regular visitor.
b. I posted a comment on the blog (due to interesting question or funny post).
c. I liked what the blogger had to say and wanted to encourage him/her.
5. ON COMMENTS -- I loved the interaction through comments (on my blog and on others). My only complaint is that if you leave a comment on someone's blog, you have to return to it later to see if they responded. Is there a widget out there or something that addresses this problem?
All, if you have any feedback on my blog, I'd love to hear it. Blessings! Dawn