Friday, January 27, 2012

Short Stories are...short

Source: Amazon
Why I Like Short Stories
By Dawn M. Hamsher

I like short stories because they are short.

The End.


--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

How was that for a post?

I am having the most delightful time at work reading short stories by Roald Dahl. I can read a whole short story over my lunch break and then I'm replete because I have closure (it helps the food digest better).

Do you like short stories or do you prefer killer thick books? Why?

4 comments:

  1. I prefer short stories when they have a moral .. Its hard to read a big book just for a moral ..

    When it comes to kick ass stuff .. Hard cover .. Leather Bound . huge volumes are great!!

    Another Author

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - you are too funny Dawn! I LOVE Roald Dahl and have not read his short stories yet so I will be checking them out.

    As far as a preference, I love to immerse myself in a long book, but I have found myself drawn to books lately with either short story collections or chapters that could be considered wholly independent in and of themselves.

    Good question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abhishek, That's true about the moral part!

    Alana, I like long books too, don't get me wrong, but for lunch breaks, a short story is just the thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I downloaded a short story collection for the kindle the other day. I hope to find short bursts of time to read them.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.