Thursday, January 12, 2012

What Are You Reading?

Whew! I finished my revision homework for the week, so I started reading Betrayed. I picked it up at the Susquehanna Writer's Workshop last year from the author, Jeanette Windle, who gave two great workshops! 

I'm enjoying the book, especially the author's depiction of "world" (Guatemala). She gives vivid descriptions of landscape, politics, and culture. One of the points in her workshop was make your world believable, so the reader feels like they are there. She does that!  It's also a very good murder suspense!

So, what are you reading right now?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds good! I just finished a book and I'm about to start "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished "Three Girls and a Baby" by Rachel Schuring. It was a fun, quick read to distract myself from Joan Didion's Blue Nights which I picked up over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.