Friday, April 4, 2014

A to Z: D is for Do and Did

For this year's A to Z Blogging Challenge I'm featuring books that I'd like to read!

D is for: Do What Jesus Did by Robby Dawkins



The things Jesus did are not just for Bible times. They are for today. For everyone. Chicagoland pastor Robby Dawkins sees this again and again in his ministry to hurting people and even to gang members. Everyday people are seeing God's power unleashed through simple faith in God's Word; they are healing the sick, routing demons, and making a dynamic impact for the Kingdom of God.

But many other believers are missing out, unaware that they have far more power and authority than they realize.

Dawkins shares dynamic, real-life instruction and amazing stories from the front lines of ministry, showing that believers carry the authority of the Son of God and the power of the Holy Spirit wherever they are. When we walk in the presence and authority of God, we will do what Jesus did.


Do you think we have the "power" and "authority" of God to do what Jesus did?  Why or why not?

6 comments:

  1. I do think so, Dawn! But as the book suggests, too few of us understand and apply this truth. Sounds like a book worth reading. Adding it to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting to me, too. Let me know what you think about the book once you have read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonder when I'll finally get to read it. With the A to Z Challenge I have SOOOOO many books to read. LOL.

      Delete
  3. Of course we can do what Jesus did. However, we doubt our own strength, and our faith in the Lord is weak.

    Mark 9:39 - for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me (suggesting that men can do miracles in Jesus' name)

    Mark 16:17-18 - In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover (again, showing that we can do anything in Jesus' name)

    Rebeccah Writes - A-Z 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebeccah, You are right. We doubt our strength in the Lord. Also, we don't pray and seek God as much as we should.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.