N is for: Novelist's Boot Camp: 101 Ways to Take Your Book From Boring to Bestseller by Todd A. Stone
Take Command of Your Novel!
It's time to plan and execute a writing strategy that's in sync with your ultimate mission objective: getting published.
In Novelist's Boot Camp, author Todd A. Stone, a former assistant professor at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, draws on his experience as novelist, writing instructor, and military officer to help get you and your writing into tip-top shape.
This boot-camp-in-a-book includes 101 carefully crafted drills designed to show you how to:
- Identify and develop story ideas with laser-like perception
- Create realistic "alpha" characters who can take charge of any scene
- Know what motivates your protagonist's enemy so that you can amp up the conflict
- Outline your story to avoid sneak attacks from flawed plot twists
- Dodge the land mines of bad writing like Deadly Modifier Buildup (DMBU)
- Triage your scenes to ensure a thorough and precise revision process
If you are a writer, what is your favorite HOW TO WRITE book?