Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A to Z: G is for Greatest

For this year's A to Z Blogging Challenge I'm featuring books that I'd like to read!

G is for: The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread by Don Robertson
 


On a quiet autumn afternoon in 1944, nine-year-old Morris Bird III decides to visit a friend who lives on the other side of town. So he grabs the handle of his red wagon and, with his little sister in tow, begins an incredible pilgrimage across Cleveland . . . and out of childhood forever.

Set against the backdrop of one of the worst industrial disasters in American history, Don Robertson's enduring, beloved masterwork is a remarkable story of destiny, bravery, and responsibility, as fresh and relevant as when it first appeared in print.

As a kid, did you ever go off on an adventure?

2 comments:

  1. I went off on adventures all the time. We like to play make believe, using our imaginations and I've gone a wandering a bit in the past. Though I grew up in a small town in Wyoming. Not quite comparable to Cleveland.

    A to Z commenter
    Reading at Dawn blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn, I didn't really go on adventures, except in books...I read all the time!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.