Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"F" is for Favorite Foods

A to Z Blogging Challenge - "F" is for Favorite Foods

Today's exercise follows along with earlier posts that aid in character development.
(See Love Your Main Character Exercise 1 and Exercise 2.)
Today's fun post is about the foods our characters like. So, dig in!
 

Writing Exercise: What are your characters' favorite foods? Do they have food allergies? What are their humorous or embarrassing food stories (from childhood or from a bad date)? Share in the Comments Section. My response is below.

My Characters' Favorite Foods: 
Danya - She loves scallops, grilled chicken, salad, yogurt with granola, and hot Earl Grey tea. Her favorite treats are dark chocolate bars with almonds and apple pie.
Tess - She loves any kind of pasta, homemade bread, fries, chips, PB fudge, ice cream, sweet tea, and raspberry hot tea.
Whitney (age 10) - She loves the free church meals on Thursday nights, especially spaghetti with garlic bread. She also likes burgers, fries, tacos, chocolate milk, and fruit punch. She hates onions and will pick them out.
Mr. Hodge - He dislikes TV dinners, but eats them most nights. Once a week he goes to the farmer's market and gets an Amish-cooked meal and pie. He remembers the meals his wife used to cook for him before her death (meatloaf, lasagna, fried chicken, pork & sauerkraut, and peach pie). He likes his coffee black.
Bumper (the dog) - He eats Purina One dry dog food, but he looks forward to special treats from Tess and Mr. Hodge (deli meat, carrot slices, and/or homemade PB dog biscuits). He also likes ice cubes.
 

8 comments:

  1. I never thought about what really goes into writing a book. Reading this stirs up one's appetite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanda, I know! I realized that I didn't know my characters as well as I should, so I've stopped working on my book and am getting to know them better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a writing class I took, the instructor suggested a character sheet for fiction writers. I found a link to a character sheet that seems pretty comprehensive. http://www.eclectics.com/articles/character.html
    Thought you might enjoy looking it over.
    Thanks for stirring the creativity pot, Dawn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I'm thinking sticky rice and mango. For breakfast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pam, Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Better get busy creating menus for my characters...okra? corned beef & cabbage? shepherd's pie?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I'm reading this before dinner! How funny is it that you have a great fly dumping story?! I just recently heard of the term myself. Thanks for following me and I look forward to seeing more of you. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luana and Julie, Thank you for your posts.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.