A to Z Blogging Challenge:
"P" is for Poke 'Em in the Eye - Blogs that Get Attention!
|Do I have your attention?|
Attention Grabbing Blogging by Darren Rowse
The 5 Immutable Laws of Persuasive Blogging by Brian Clark.
Here are my take-aways from these articles:
- Use Good, Attention-Grabbing Titles
- Ask a Question (I often leave a comment to a post that asks a question)
- Use a Picture that Fits the Post
- Post Interesting and Useful Things
- Tell a Story
- Use an Easy-to-Read format (use bullets when possible)
- Shorter Posts are Usually Better
- Use Humor
Blog-Improvement Exercise: Jot down two things that you can improve on your blog. Share them in the Comments Section. Then go to work to make the changes on your future posts.