Thursday, April 14, 2011

"M" is for Monster

A to Z Blogging Challenge: "M" is for Monster

Writing Exercise: Write on the prompt “Monster” for 15 minutes. 


My response is below.

Monster Protection
By Dawn M. Hamsher

There’s a monster in my room,
But he won’t be my doom.

I imagine him 6’ 9”

With quite a dark hairy spine.
And evil eyes with green glow.
A flicking tail that hangs low.

Huge nostrils blow foul steam. 
Breathe like hot onioned sardines.
He hunkers and creeps in the dark.
He waits for my sleep to embark
On his quest to devour my soul.
 

But I have a plan to unroll.

I’ve hidden it under my cover.
Waiting for him to discover.
It’s something that’s sure to appease
 

A plate of bologna and cheese.


12 comments:

  1. This was great, I loved "Breathe like hot onioned sardines." Very creative and very clever. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool poem!

    This post made me think of that TV show, The Munsters and that movie "Monster" with Charlize Theron.

    The Madlab Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ending! :)

    I also loved your response to my Key post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All, This one was a lot of fun! Thanks for reading!

    Nicole, I used to watch Munsters and Addam's Family. Fun shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Killing a monster via bologna is cruel and unusual punishment. At least if the monster needs to die, pimento loaf would be less harsh of a way to go.

    That said, excellent poem! And I'm happy to meet you via the A-Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeffrey, Your comment was hilarious! I wasn't really trying to kill the monster, just make him full enough to NOT eat me. ha ha.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely humor.


    How are you?
    Please consider making a contribution to poets rally week 43 today,
    A free verse is appreciated, you rock!
    Happy Thursday!
    Hope to see you in.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.