Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Capturing a Moment - Eternity Tea (UPDATED)

UPDATE TO THIS POST: Three from our writing group went to Eternity Tea. Brianna challenged us to each write a post about our experience there, so that we could compare our writing styles/voices. Mine, of course is below, but please check out Brianna's version A Real Tea Party and Pam's version A Taste of Eternity.
 
***

I seem to be stuck on the "Capturing a Moment" theme! 
I've been having some wonderful experiences lately and I have to write! 
This one is about a tea I went to last Saturday in Everett, PA called Eternity Tea Room.  

 

Eternity Tea
by Dawn M. Hamsher

China Blue cloth
With white lace on top
Painted pink roses
Adorn each tea cup

French Crème Brulee
Apple Harvest Crunch
Turtle Delight and
Chocolate Macadamia Nut

These four friends meet
Loving writing and God
Here they share a moment
But one day, eternity above
          

7 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely. Great word snapshot. You created a beautiful event with well chosen words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty poem. It sounds like a lovely and inspiring tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly captured our Saturday moment, Dawn. What a lovely poem about a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan, i.ikeda, and Pam, Thank you for your kind words. It was a lovely day with girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that Capturing A Moment is a wonderful theme to get stuck on! We take so many things for granted sometimes...what a great reminder to enjoy the moment!

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla, I agree! I am not usually very observant, but I am really enjoying these moments, looking with a writer's eye, and committing them to memory and ink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, Dawn! What a great way to record a beautiful time.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.