Friday, August 12, 2011

Writing Prompt - Water Dripped

I posted a writing prompt over at 1st Writes:

The water dripped...

Here is my response. Writing for only 5 minutes and 100 words. Let's see what we get!

The water dripped harshly in the filthy sink. Tink, tink, tink. The sound was driving me crazy. It was the only sound I could hear. I was laying awake in this hell hole of an apartment. I lay with the lights on, but even that didn't keep the cockroaches away. I couldn't believe I was living like this. Too proud to go groveling back to my parents. I had my wallet stolen earlier in the night. I lay on the filthy mattress and sobbed. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a rat scurry into the kitchen. I jumped up on the table. That was it! I had to get out of here, but I had no where to go. It was 3 am in the slums. No, I would have to wait till morning. I pressed my back against the paneling and waited and watched. Tink, tink, tink. I prayed I would make it.


Your turn! If you write on this, linky on 1st Writes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.