Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Small Seed for 12-30-14

Entirely Pure and Devoted to God.

"May the God of peace himself make you entirely pure and devoted to God; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept strong and blameless until the day when our Lord Jesus Christ comes back again." 
1 Thessalonians 5:23


What jumps out to me in this verse is "entirely pure and devoted to God".  I want to be that.

Pure - like the white of snow (free of stains or blemishes)

Devoted - wholly seeking and working and pleasing. Heart, body, soul, mind, and strength. Everything.

How do I do become that? Well, the opening of the verse tells me how. God does it. "May the God of peace himself make you..." 

Heavenly Father, I can't do it myself. You are the one to make me "entirely pure and devoted" to you. Make it be so. In Jesus' name. Amen.

What stands out to you in this verse?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.