Monday, December 8, 2014

Small Seed for 12-8-14



Build Up The Weak (and the Difficult?)

We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up. For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.” Romans 15:1-3 (NIV)

What does this Scripture mean to you? To me, it means not giving up on people. They may act nasty. They may treat us badly, but they need Christ as much as we do. 

I should pursue them as Christ pursued me, loving them, treating them as the Lord treats me. It’s hard, but that’s what we should do…even with difficult people.

Prayer focus: Difficult People in your life
 
Action Step: Show love in some way to another person. Suggestion: Leave a very generous tip the next time you go out eat with a note that says, “I was blessed today by your service. Thank you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.