Thursday, December 25, 2014

Small Seed for 12-25-14

Proclaim The Good News.

"And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:8-11


"Pray that I will proclaim this message as clearly as I should. Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone." Colossians 4:4-6

Merry Christmas, friends! The news from the angels is "for all the people". It's not just for me, or for you. It is meant to be shared, proclaimed! I imagine Paul in a jail cell, petitioning God, pleading in prayer for opportunities to share the Good News, that bars not hold him back. Aren't we to be like that?! I want to, but I'm afraid sometimes. I'm bolder than I used to be, but I have a long way to go. Lord, help me. Give me opportunities and help me make the most of them. Give me the words. Nudge me to speak.

What holds you back from shouting the Good News? Won't you take that to God in prayer and ask for help?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.