Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Small Seed for 12-24-14

Devote Yourselves To Prayer.

"Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart." Colossians 4:2

Oh, if we only would! Devotion to prayer is more than just a quick prayer lifted up on the way to work. It is time, alone, away from distractions (isn't that so needed right now?!), kneeling to an awesome God who wants to fellowship with us. 

And, have an alert mind...is yours alert? Mine feels sluggish, but I need alertness when I pray, so that I can hear God. It's not a one-sided conversation. He has things to tell me. He has plans for me. I don't want to miss hearing His voice!

And, have a thankful heart. Yes, Lord, help me with that. Help me not grumble. Remind me of all you have done for me. You saved me, for goodness sake! 

Let's devote precious time for prayer today, setting our minds and hearts to hear and thank and talk with the Lord. Doesn't that sound divine?

What does "devotion" to prayer mean to you?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.