Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Small Seed for 1-13-15



Death = Protection?

The good men perish; the godly die before their time, and no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to realize that God is taking them away from evil days ahead.” Isaiah 57:1 (TLB)

When someone dies, especially a child, I like to focus on this verse. Oh, the mercy of God! He loves us so much that in some cases, he protects his children by taking them home. 

Recently, one of my previous summer camp kids died (a young adult at his death). To me, however, he'll always be a 4th grader because that's when he was in my camp.  Several years ago, another one of my camp boys died of leukemia (also a young adult).

It's just not right, you know, to have the young die before the old, but God's Word comforts. God knows what He is doing. Maybe protecting the person from worse things. We may not understand it or like it, but I am so thankful that God is in charge of all things, especially death.

What Scripture brings you comfort when you are grieving?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.