Thursday, January 8, 2015

Small Seed for 1-8-15



Release the Past to Move for Christ.

How thankful I am to Christ Jesus our Lord for choosing me as one of his messengers, and giving me the strength to be faithful to him, even though I used to scoff at the name of Christ. I hunted down his people, harming them in every way I could. But God had mercy on me because I didn’t know what I was doing, for I didn’t know Christ at that time. Oh, how kind our Lord was, for he showed me how to trust him and become full of the love of Christ Jesus.” 1 Timothy 12-14 (TLB)



Do you ever let your past get in the way of your being used by God now? This passage from Paul reminds me that no matter what my past sins are, I should let them go. I’ve already asked for forgiveness (and they are forgiven), so why do I keep bringing them up? God can use anyone. No matter what they’ve done. Even me. Even you. Thank God for His forgiveness, trust Him, and become full of love. 

Do you hold on to past sins?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.