Friday, January 16, 2015

Small Seed for 1-16-15



Sick As Sin?
 
“Others, the fools, were ill because of their sinful ways. Their appetites were gone and death was near. Then they cried out to the Lord in their troubles, and he helped them and delivered them.” Psalm 107:17-19 (TLB)


Can sin can cause physical illness? I think in some cases, yes. Satan wants to hurt us and destroy us, so why wouldn’t he use illness to attack us with? That would be one of his types of reward for sin. Also, sinful choices could do damage to our bodies, causing illness.

I know all illness is not caused by sin and I know that God can use anything bad that happens to us, for His good.


So, what is my take-away from this passage?
1. Stay away from sin (it's like an apple a day).
2. If I do sin, cry out to God and He will help and deliver me.


What do you think about sin and sickness?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.