Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Small Seed for 2-10-15


Don't have a hard heart.
 
Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: “Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, In the day of trial in the wilderness, Where your fathers tested Me, tried Me, And saw My works forty years.” Hebrews 3:7-9 (NIV)

Focus today on “do not harden your hearts as in rebellion”. I had my own bout with this a couple of weeks ago. I didn’t want to volunteer with the youth group to go to CreationFest 2015. Now, that’s not till summer, but to plan, we need to commit. I had a great time last year and had a mountain top moment when I felt God’s powerful presence one of the nights. But, over the months, I decided I didn’t want to go this year. I like to camp, but CreationFest is hot, tiring, and sweaty and it is a huge responsibility to be in charge of 30 teens.

I took it God, though, and asked what He wanted. He wants me to go. He reminded me of that moment when he visited me on my cot. He reminded me of the devotions He helped me write while I was there. And, the bands and music I love there. And, how I love the teens.

So, I will go if our group goes, but, I won’t be alone. God will be there. He will help me through any troubles I have. I am glad my hardened heart didn’t stay hard, that I took my rebellion to him.

Have you had a “hardened heart” moment? What happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.