Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Small Seed for 2-3-15



Open Your Ears To Hear.

Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: “Today, if you will hear His voice, Do not harden your hearts…” Hebrews 3:7 (NIV)

What jumps out to me today is “if you will hear His voice”. This implies God is speaking. Often, we wonder why God isn’t talking to us. We think He is silent, but it’s not Him. It’s us. We need to open our spiritual ears and seek to hear.

"Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand…” Revelation 3:22

"Then [Jesus] said, "Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand." Mark 4:9

I’m still working on my hearing, but a couple of things have helped me.

1.    Ask God for help.
A few years back a lovely woman told me to  start asking the Holy Spirit to help me understand Scripture, so I pray now before I open the Bible.

“Holy Spirit, help me understand the Word your have for me today. Help me apply it to my life.”

2.    Draw near to God.
I sing this song that I made up before I pray:

Holy Father, Holy Spirit
Son of God and Prince of Peace.
Come unto me, This I ask you.
Come and be near to me.

How do you open your ears to hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.