Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Small Seed for 2-24-15: Revelation


Do You Avoid Revelation?


“Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near. Revelation 1:3 (NKJV)



I occasionally lead Bible studies, inviting coworkers and church friends to join me. My sister has a strong interest in Revelation and I recently got a book "The Thrill of Hope" by Bruce Green that is about the Book of Revelation, so I think I'm going to attempt a study on it. That's either brave or stupid. The “Thrill of Hope” book is giving me the confidence to do the study. The author states that the theme of Revelation is the testimony of Jesus and that He has messages for the 7 churches. If we keep our focus on Jesus and what Revelation has to say to us, we can do it. God will equip us.



Father, let us not be afraid to read and study any part your Word. As John writes, let it bless those who read it aloud. Open our spiritual ears, eyes, and hearts so we can have acuity because your Word is living and has relevance for our lives. Also, let us not fear the things that are to come because we know you have overcome the world. We stand in the light of our savior, Lord Jesus Christ, who loves and protects us from evil. In His Name, Amen.



Is Revelation a book of the Bible that you avoid?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.