Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Small Seed for 2-17-15


Open Arms, Extend Hands.

“She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.” Proverbs 31:20

On Sunday, a group of us from our church took items to our local homeless shelter. On the coldest day of the winter so far, it was fitting to walk it over. We were loaded down with bags and boxes of new clothing, toiletries, coffee, and cleaning supplies.

The lady at the counter had us take the items in. We walked down a long corridor of bedroom doors and came into their kitchen. At the table were three little children eating lunch. The one little boy, about 4, said, “Hi” to each of us. It was a joy to hear, “Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi”, as we passed. Two of the residents helped take our bags and then we left.

I’m thankful they allowed us to take the items back, so that we could see a glimpse who we are helping. I didn’t know they served children there. It breaks my heart, but it makes me so thankful that our group did the collection drive.

What breaks your heart? Does Proverbs 31:20 speak to you today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.