Friday, February 13, 2015

Small Seed for 2-13-15


Life is Like a Box of Chocolates.

“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

Forrest Gump: My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

Forrest is right, life is full of uncertainties, but he’s missing something. It’s hope. When you bite into an apricot cream, you don’t have to be sour. Let me translate: When life is hard, you can turn to the only one who has the power to help.

One time, I remember yelling at God (in frustration) over something I was unable to do. He gently told me that I hadn’t asked Him for help. Then, after asking Him, every piece fell into place. He overcomes. He is able and willing to help. We don’t have to do anything on our own. Thank you, God, for that!

What uncertainty has left you reeling in the past?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.