Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Small Seed for 2-11-15

Pray to Resist Temptation.
 
"There he told them, “Pray that you will not give in to temptation.” Luke 22:40 (NLT)

I have some financial goals that I need help in resisting temptations. About 15 years ago we paid off all our debt, all except for our mortgage. It was so freeing and awesome! No more student loans or credit card bills! My husband was then able to quit his job for 4 years to raise our daughter. 

Today, my goal is to pay off the mortgage and get to a place where I am able to use my income to help people...wherever and whenever God nudges me. Right now debt still holds me like chains. I have prayed for God to help me meet this goal. 

Lord, help me resist the temptation of buying things I don't need and going out to eat, when I can eat at home. Strengthen me so that I can say, "NO!" b/c this goal is better. It is one that has eternal rewards. I ask for help in Jesus' name. Amen.

[I feel God is blessing this goal already.We had a home repair bill that the contractor is letting us make payments on with no interest! Therefore, we do not have to put it on credit!]

What temptation do you need help in resisting?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.