Monday, February 23, 2015

Small Seed for 2-23-15: Prayer


Not Hearing God, Can Be Good?

When I remember these things,
I pour out my soul within me. For I used to go with the multitude; I went with them to the house of God, With the voice of joy and praise, With a multitude that kept a pilgrim feast.” Psalm 42:4 (NKJV)

I sometimes struggle with authentic prayer. At times, I have prayer that is a sweet communion with God, where I am fully in His Presence. Other times, I feel like the line is disconnected, like I'm trying too hard to make meaningful prayer happen. I know God still hears me, but I wonder if am I talking too much or doing it wrong and I can't hear God's voice.

A month ago, I started a new routine of waking early to spend time in prayer and study before I start my day. It has been wonderful and has helped me focus on God better for the day, but I still struggle with prayer on some days.  

But, then I think...

Perhaps it's good that I don't hear from God all the time. Not hearing makes me cherish the times I do. Not hearing makes me long for those times more.

How about you? Do you struggle sometimes with prayer or with hearing God's voice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.