Friday, February 27, 2015

Small Seed for 2-27-15: Healing


Healing Waters.

“Now there is in Jerusalem by the Sheep Gate a pool, which is called in Hebrew, Bethesda, having five porches. In these lay a great multitude of sick people, blind, lame, paralyzed, waiting for the moving of the water. For an angel went down at a certain time into the pool and stirred up the water; then whoever stepped in first, after the stirring of the water, was made well of whatever disease he had.” John 5:2-4 (NKJV)

I started doing water aerobics again, just me and a friend. In the dead of winter (5 degrees outside), it's nice to step into a warm therapy pool. It makes me think of the Pool of Bethseda and how angels stirred up the water and the first person in was healed. I imagine the daily anticipation and hunger for healing that the ones around the pool felt.

I’ve been using this Scripture to pray for my church. The image of the pool and stirring waters…

Dear Father, I pray for my church. That you would stir the Holy Spirit like the pool at Bethesda. Stir the waters so that healing can happen in the lives of your people. Move their hearts like the water, so that they might not be stagnant. Soften their hearts. Let love flow in and through them. Help them get in the water and then move out of it, in Your Name. Amen.

Is there a Scripture’s imagery that moves you? Or that helps you pray?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments! I try to respond to each one.